Saving Summer: Disconnection Connection
Aziz Ansari recently put himself on an internet diet, and maybe the rest of us should follow suit.
I bought the full-meal deal from Freedom a year ago, and it’s been buggy ever since, and the customer support is confusing, but I’ll keep trying. I’ve tried to limit myself: making jewelry again, just reading (though it is on an i-pad/Kindle), and doing other things…but it’s been tough. All I’ve succeeded in doing is making a mess. This next week I’ll focus on finishing up the computer technology curriculum and nailing down the first few weeks of ELA. My schedule next year will be a bit different, and I’m trying to be flexibly- proactive. (Whatever that means!) It was time I went through my own digital hoarding and pulled out some of the best articles/ideas.
Let’s get our brains back:
- Blending Technology with Paper and Pencil
- Lesson Plans for Introducing Poetry
- The Big Idea: Christopher Brown
- How Information Overload Robs Us of Our Creativity: What the Scientific Research Shows
- Have Smartphones Destroyed a Generation?
- Use sketch-noting in the classroom to get ideas flowing
- How smartphone addiction is affecting our physical and mental health
- Don’t Listen to Music While Studying
- Use images to kick off digital citizenship conversations