WIHWT: Tough read-alouds
“I wanted to run faster than the speed of sound, but nobody, no matter how much pain they’re in, can run that fast. So I heard the boom of my father’s rifle when he shot my best friend.
A bullet only costs about two cents, and anybody can afford that.”
From: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie.
Not sure I can read that chapter aloud again.
Published by blog0rama
My Youtube Channel:
- Make Stuff, Not Subscribers November 17, 2018
- Life and History (history is life) November 15, 2018
- 2 Small Things Completely Changed How I View My Students November 14, 2018
- protecting readers November 11, 2018
- Scary things. October 31, 2018